Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Grantchester



To Grantchester, with the intention of meeting up with my husband's college friend and his wife for lunch.  In fact, we arrived at the pub to hear that they had suffered a puncture and would not be joining us.  So we enjoyed a lovely lunch a deux, and a stroll around the village.


Not all the thatched cottages in the village are in such a great state of repair.


The church.  To be honest, I don't know if this is the actual church where Sidney gives his sermons in the tv detective series but they did have some posters about it.


I do think that this is a particularly beautiful memorial - practical too.


The war memorial with Rupert Brooke listed along with others.


Knitting up the remains of yarn from Arboreal.  This is the No Fuss baby jacket by Louise Tilbrook, a pattern which certainly lives up to its name.  Louise runs a Facebook group called Everyday Knitter which I have joined.  After posting the picture of my Geiger cardigan on there I was amazed to get over 900 Likes.  Thank you for your kind comments on it.  I am contemplating another of Norah Gaughan's patterns, the Nantucket Jacket.


No comments: