Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Long time, No see.


Red Pike from Brackenthwaite How.  One of a tiny few walks we managed on this very wet trip to Cumbria recently.  This little eminence gives you a lot of view for not very much ascent, and some lovely woodland walking through Lanthwaite Woods.

This is the Lodore Falls, from the terrace of the hotel.



And this, the view in the other direction.  All the waterspouts and becks were in full flow.



Sheep safely grazing.  We felt sorry for new-born lambs as the weather continued cold and wet.



My latest project: teddy-bears, riffing on a basic pattern.





And, just to give my hands a change of activity, some crochet.  I felt pleased to be able to master this simple pattern for a baby blanket.  A new skill for me.



 

2 comments:

Maureentakoma said...

Yay, you're back! One of these days we plan to make a visit to areas away from London and I think of your blog as a useful resource for future travel endeavors. Are you knitting for a specific charity or are you just feeling lonely?

shandy said...

Ha ha! I've never been one for stuffed toys myself, but I enjoy making them. I donate them to the church knitting group who send them to the local Women's refuge to comfort the children.