Friday, July 23, 2021


On Monday, to Loweswater.  Everywhere rose bay willowherb and foxgloves forming a lovely counterpoint to stone walls.



Through the woodlands along the side of the lake.



An out at the end climbing towards the High Nook Tarn path


We chose to walk along behind a wall to reach the gate at the top of the wood.  Bracken was waist-high here and sopping wet  - as, soon, were we.  At the top of the wood, I took off my trousers and wrung them out before proceeding.  They had dried by the time we reached the tea-room.


We were away for ten days in total.  I had to buy in extra knitting supplies while away just to tide me over. Four pairs of adult mitts and three of children's.




 

1 comment:

Robin said...

It is so beautiful and green. We are dry and in our summer brown vegetation. At least there are no fires where I am.