Friday, November 13, 2020

A bit of knitting


 A trio of bears, knitted basically to the Comfort Bear pattern.  I've worked out that it is possible to knit the bear reducing as many seams as possible. So two legs stitched together to make the lower half then knit up the body cast on extra stitches for the sleeves.  Put those on hold while knitting up and over the head, then put them back on the needles for the back.  Eventually you have a top half and a bottom half which you seam together around the waist. The grey bear was knitted this way. 


And a trio of Izzy dolls, knitted with a brown skin colour as requested by the charity.




And some clusters of fingerless mitts, using up odds and ends of yarn.

All of these have now been posted off to Knit for Peace, where there have been specific requests for these items.

I knit more when I am anxious as I find it helps.






3 comments:

Mary said...

I knit when I'm nervous or worried as well. Either a pattern that demands concentration, or something easy that I don't need attention paid to it.

KirstenM said...

These all look great! have a pair of simple teddy hand puppets which I love; their happy faces cheer me up, and they are perfect for teaching piano via zoom as I use them to make it absolutely clear which is my left and which is my right hand (they are different colours). I can even play, just about, with them on. They look like the top half of your comfort bears.

MaureenTakoma said...

I too knit as a way to reduce anxiety although I've also found that I can't deal with complicated patterns just now. Just finished a Carbeth cardigan but have mostly concentrated on garter stitch asymmetrical shawls.