Monday, June 25, 2018

A bit of knitting...

It's gone a bit quiet on the knitting front.  I began a cardigan in this rather subtle grey-blue yarn, bought for £3 from a boot fair some years ago.


The idea was to knit a frame from one of Co Spinhovens's charts in "Charted Celtic Patterns."  I started one front then got stuck - how to create a mirror image of the chart.  Fortunately my husband was able to scan in the image and locate a command called "Flip" and it worked.


Now I have two lower fronts knit, plus the plain back, but what to do within the frame?  My idea was to use some of the Celtic roundels from the book, possibly stacked one above the other.  It's still at the rumination phase.


So - when in doubt, buy more yarn.  A little outing to The Cheap Shop in Tiptree - never was a shop so wrongly named.  This is Batik yarn by Stylecraft, 80% acrylic and 20% wool.  I bought it for the vibrancy of the colour.  Paired with a silvery grey, this is the start of Arboreal by Jennifer Steinglass.


I have yet to complete a top-down sweater, and I prefer knitting flat, but this is going well so far.  I certainly like the colours.

1 comment:

knitski said...

I am knitting one of her patterns right now. I am not a top-down person but I can see the merit in knitting this way.