Saturday, January 08, 2011

A Thing of Beauty



These are my two finished Eleanor cowls from Knitty 2010 - to save you searching if you have come across from Jean's blog.  The top one is in Yarnsmith's Pure Alchemy, a hand-dyed yarn produced by Becky who belongs to the Mid-Essex Spinners and Weavers.  That sharp, acid green goes very well over navy or black, as I used it before for a Swallowtail Shawl. 

The pink one is in Jaeger merino 4ply and I increased the stitch count to allow one more pattern repeat.  I don't think that the fit of a cowl is crucial but it should not be too snug or it would be impossible to get on.

This is my new shawl blocking.



And here it is being worn.  Unfortunately, no willowy young person was available for the photoshoot.




This is the Aeolian Shawl from Knitty 2009, designed by Elisabeth Freeman and made in laceweight silk in a colourway called Riverrun.  I am very pleased with how this has turned out.

4 comments:

Mary Lou said...

As well you should be!

Anonymous said...

It is gorgeous ..... I may have to put it on my to-do list!!

colleen said...

Wondrous!

catdownunder said...

It is lovely - and I love the colour as well. Eyed it off on Knitty but I am too lazy to knit other people's designs. It is easier to do my own and pretend any mistakes are intentional!