Monday, January 14, 2019

Fingerless mittens





Knitting up some small quantities of yarn into wearable items.  This is hand-spun, hand-dyed yarn knitted in the Antler pattern.  the yarn is rustic but not coarse in texture.  Of course it does not really show the pattern to best advantage.


A pair in 4ply, a quite different experience to knit.  I've used a ripple cable from Barbara Walker here and I think it is very effective.  I could imagine a hat pattern with ripples running round the brim.  And this would look good in a lightly variegated watery colour.


Similar but different.  This is the remains of the Fyberspates yarn used for Uncia, held double.  The problem here was that I had no idea how much yarn I needed, so I started with the textured edging rather than a long rib.  The yarn has that very subtle shading which reminds you of old stonework.  This is a ripple cable again, but done on only four stitches instead of six.  I am very pleased with these and may hold on to them.



No comments: