Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Geiger 7 - Finished Object.

Earlier than expected, we have a finished object.



Once I had decided on the steps to be taken, it was relatively quick to adjust the shoulders by bunching up the cables, unravelling the sleeve heads to remove two and a half inches and re-knitting them.  Greenmountaingirl - you might not need to do all these alterations if you are large.  I am five foot nothing and have begun to realise that tops often look too long on me.  That is really all I altered here:  started the armholes ten rows early on the back and fronts.  Then the four inches taken off the sleeves.


I used the I-cord edging which I have used before and it honestly looks as if that was what the designer intended.  I sifted through my button tin and found these navy and gold buttons.

I'm really pleased with it.  The elaborate cable on the sleeve makes it look vaguely like some kind of fantasy uniform jacket.  However, it is just full of clever little designerly details, such as the ribbed cable cast-on and the seams.  I'll know they are there even if no one else does.



7 comments:

CarolM said...

and you look MARvelous! Beautiful work and I like the color. Next project?

Kathy said...

What a lovely, flattering sweater. Wear it with joy!

Janet McKee said...

Looking good.

greenmtngirl said...

Wow, you and the Geiger both look tremendous! Well done!

I'm so tempted but perhaps had best knit a couple more plainer sweaters first so I get better at fitting myself.

Robin said...

Beautiful! And the fit is perfect.

knitski said...

That is one stunning sweater and all the details of the cable work, design and fit are just stunning! Wonderful job.

Now I am all caught up on your blog!

Mary Lou said...

That turned out beautifully!